Dryden is currently serviced by 10 Family Physicians, 2 Family Physicians/Anesthetists, One Full Time ER Physician, one General Surgeon and a locum surgeon as well as many visiting specialists.
As a group, our goal is to meet the medical needs of our community through comprehensive care while maintaining personal lifestyles that allow us to enjoy the great opportunities offered to our families and ourselves by the region.
Each physician has special interests and skill which we share:
- 1 works full time in the ER and 8 work variable shifts in the ER
- 6 provide maternity care for close to 150 deliveries/year
- 3 FP/Anesthetists provide 24/7 coverage
- 2 General Surgeons provide c-section coverage
- 1 FP provides obstetrical ultrasounds, including BPP
- 2 FP’s are certified to supervise our satellite chemo unit
- 1 FP is trained to do all our cardiac stress testing
- 1 FP performs vasectomies
- 1 FP is a coroner
- 2 FP’s are certified aviation examiners
- All have the opportunity to assist in the OR.
- Several are involved in the palliative care program
- Many are preceptors with the Family Medicine Residents and medical students through the new Northern Ontario School of Medicine
We are working in brand new facilities!!!!